Menu
Cart 0

Selfish Sewing: A Self-Drafted Pattern

Posted by Betsy Cook on

I am on a blue kick. Perhaps I am like Picasso, going through a blue period. Chambray. Seriously, cannot get enough. Also cannot get enough easy, swingy tops. So I made myself a new one. 

With the Chambray that I got from B&J fabrics I could use both sides! 

I think this pattern will work even better for silky, lighter-weight fabrics that allow for more drape. (The chambray is almost quilting cotton weight.)

How do you do your plackets? I sometimes have no clue how to do something until I sit down and do it. 98% of the time I am successful. This time was the other 2%. I kept clipping the corner ends too much and then I was left with large uneven gaping holes. This was beyond fixable, so exhibit A- the decorative patch. 

Send me some links for TNT so I can figure this out. I have other ideas for this technique as well...


Share this post



← Older Post Newer Post →


3 comments

  • Hi Betsy. I’ve fallen behind on my blog reading over the summer, and just saw this post. A great place to look for button placket tutorial(s) is at mellysews.com.
    One example is http://mellysews.com/2014/01/continuous-placket-tutorial.html
    and there are others.
    Tasia os Sewaholic has some great one too. http://sewaholic.net/sewing-a-house-or-tower-tailored-shirt-placket/
    http://sewaholic.net/sewing-a-continuous-bound-placket-the-simple-one/
    Hope these few links help you out. Melissa @MellySews’ tutorials are always so clear it amazes me. (Her teaching career in her former life really shines through when she’s writing a tutorial!)

    Mary on
  • This reminded me of Biscayne blouse by Hey June. Scruffy Badger and Flossie Teacakes make examples. Similar collar, placket, full and breezey. Summer comfort.

    maggie on
  • I love this! Definitely keep this design in mind for future SBCC patterns. ;)

    Michelle on

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published.